WALKING THE WHITE PROMISE


Saturday, Nov 27th, 2010 – Batavia

She’s wearing a white long dress, which is a dream of many girls since their childhood. Her head is covered. Berjalan dengan anggun ditemani sang ayah, perlahan-lahan menyusuri deretan bangku gereja yang sudah dihias. Jemaat yang berdiri memandangi dengan kagum dan haru, sekaligus gembira. Di ujung depan sana, menanti sang pria, juga dengan setelan putih. He looked awesome too. 

Or at least, itu bayangan g ttg cara dia masuk ke dalam ke gereja.

The fact is I missed that part. The four of us, 2 men & 2 women, were late – because of the traffic and all ^^’’ So when we arrived, the sermon already began. I could only see their backs, the groom and his bride. The groom – her prince, the bride – my best friend =)
  
@courtesy of DP

I remember the day when I questioned myself. I was in my 2nd year of med school. I have a bunch of great gals and a solid small group fellowship. One of my gals was in love (heavily IN love) with a boy (still a boy, in mind-character-and-attitude). Sambil memperhatikan dia yang sedang dimabuk asmara, g bertanya pada diri g sendiri,”Do you need a man, C?”
Surprisingly, I found myself – after thinking & considering – answering, “Not now. I need a best (female) friend right now.” At that time, I already have a best pal, my best friend since junior high. But she’s already abroad for many years & our friendship berlanjut di dunia parpostel. Surat, email, telepon, satu dua kali tatap muka. Tetap sangat menyenangkan namun kadangkala tidak cukup. Saat masa2 adaptasi di FK, there were times when I needed a visible friend, who could be there “now”, not “later”.
And so I prayed to God.
Saat memasuki tahun ke-3 (thn 2004), pas semester 5, God answered my prayer. Kami tahu-sama-tahu (TST) sejak awal masuk FK. Tapi tidak ada perkembangan pengenalan krn dia smpt cuti kul & muncul lg bsm angkatan 2002. Baru tahu lbh byk ttg dia wkt dia pindah kos ke Puren (Jatinangor). Aku di kamar proletar, dia di kamar VIP =) “Kemunculan” dia pas banget dengan cabutnya temen2 sekos-an g (mo bolak-balik, ga ngekos lg). Puncaknya wkt dia jd Ketua Temu Alumni dan aku ditodong jadi Koord. Acara-nya. Tiba2 aja jam2 kebersamaan kami meningkat krn byk hal yg hrs dikerjain menjelang acara tsb. I appreciated every moment I spent with her. I learned a great deal from her.
Sometimes that Phlegm girl was so naïve (& funny & messy & forgetful), but on the other side, she’s so mature & reliable. She had that sensitivity with God’s Words & God’s guidance. Her judgments are worth considering for. Makanya banyak anak ngaku2 dia adl “mami” mereka, kecuali diriku tentunya. Prinsipku tetap sama. Aku uda punya 1 nyokap di rumah, gak perlu lagi. Yang kuperlu : temen ^^ bukan ibu baru. Waktu itu, she brought me that rare feeling : comfortness. I feel safe & comfort to talk & share about everything & almost anything, especially spiritual things.
It’s easy to find hundreds of acquaintance u/ ngomongin hal2 superfisial – hobi, makanan, kecengan, belanjaan, film, music, etc, etc. But I find it really difficult to find one/two good friends yg reliable & trusted u/ ngomongin hal2 yg ndalem, u/ brain storming, bisa saling mengasah (berarti ada saling menegur didalamnya), & sharing mslh spiritualitas (& mendapat feedback yg sehat, tanpa merasa dihakimi).



7 years had passed since that time during medschool.

Sekarang jika aku ditanya, ”Do you need a man, C?” – maka jawaban atas pertanyaan itu berubah. “Yes, I need a man in my life.” A compatible partner. Seseorang yang sepadan.
But when?
Ketika g memikirkan lagi ttg my best friend, our story, her love story, her life story, g diingatkan lagi akan kata2 Pengkhotbah,”For everything there is a season.” Baik singleness maupun married life, keduanya merupakan season dalam hidup manusia. Dan dalam tiap season tsb, ada panggilan dan rencana Allah yang indah yang perlu kita penuhi. I imagine that my pal already finished her single calling, that’s why God calls her to do her part in another new season, married life. Meanwhile, I haven’t finished my calling in singleness, that’s why God hasn’t assigned me a new season. So, no worry, my friend (and also ‘myself’). “For everything there is a season.” Yang penting adalah seberapa besar kepekaan dan kesetiaan kita dalam mengerjakan apapun yang Tuhan tugaskan dan rencanakan, in any season of life. Tak ada tugas yang terlalu kecil/besar, terlalu mudah/sulit. Semuanya ada bagiannya masing2, dalam waktunya masing2, dalam kerangka rencana Allah yang indah.

Oh, how beautiful it is to live with Jesus! Walau mata manusia melihat ketidakpastian, there is certainty when we look through His eyes.

Nothing lasts eternally on this earth. Seperti perumpamaan 7 gadis bodoh VS 7 gadis bijaksana. Yang penting adalah berjaga-jaga dan setia mengerjakan bagian kita. Supaya saat Tuhan tiba2 memanggil kita, kita ditemukan setia oleh Dia.

But I do wish it could be a lifetime friendship =) But a “lifetime” consists of “day-by-day” commitment & “year-by-year” walk together, tidak bisa secara instant langsung ‘lifetime’ ^^

Lastly,
I feel overwhelmingly happy to see my best pal with his husband for life. Kehidupan keluarga yang baru saja dimulai. Walking the promise. In sickness & in health. In sorrow & in happiness. “Til death do us apart”. I’m looking forward to seeing their ministries in the future (particularly in Serukam) that can be a great source of blessing for many people.
May God be glorified through their marriage from now on.

A tribute to K & K.
Love u so much.

###

*Celebrating their 1st anniversary [Nov 27th, 2011] &
welcoming the newest member, the handsome baby Jo [Oct 14th, 2011]*

@courtesy of KS
2 Responses
  1. pilgrim's note Says:

    C, reading this makes me cry n speechless. Just wanna give you a tight n loooooong hug!!! I thank God for bringing you as a part of my life

  2. Chris Cross Says:

    ^^ And now, 2 years later, another gift from God is along the way, while u & ur fam are serving in Serukam. I'm soooo happy for u! \^^/

Post a Comment

What do you think? ^^

abcs