It’s one of
those days.
Dark gloomy
hopeless discouraging day.
Salah satu
hari dimana semuanya kelihatan begitu memusingkan dan seperti tak ada jalan
untuk mengurai semua kekusutan yang ada.
Salah satu
hari dimana keputusasaan melanda dan ketakutan menguasai.
Salah satu
hari dimana semua kata2 mutiara tidak berharga lagi dan jiwa terasa begitu
kacau hingga tak bisa ditenangkan dengan buku2 self-healing manapun.
Salah satu
hari dimana semua tampak gelap, kelam, dingin, mencekam hampir seperti di
kuburan.
Salah satu
hari dimana I can’t trust your own
judgment, dare not to dream your own dream, and doubt yourself even to the
atomic level.
Salah satu
hari dimana kembali menanyakan pertanyaan paling mendasar di muka bumi, so what
on earth am I living for exactly.
Salah satu
hari dimana hidup bersama Dia seharusnya dipenuhi sukacita, namun mengapa
terasa begitu frustrasi untuk hidup bagi Dia.
Salah satu
hari dimana tak ada manusia/satupun elemen alam semesta bisa menghibur/memberi
jawab/menunjukkan jalan keluar.
It’s one of
those days.
Dark gloomy frustrating
devastating day.
Hari yang
sedemikian rupa hingga tiba di satu titik.
Titik dimana
hanya aku berdiri berhadapan muka dengan–Nya.
Marah,
kecewa, sedih, protes, tidak suka, bingung, sakit, putus asa......
Semua
diutarakan pada–Nya dalam satu tarikan nafas.
This little human
dare to confront The Creator. Or so the human (wrongfully) thought.
Dan akhirnya
yang tersisa adalah si manusia terduduk lemas, bersimpuh di tanah, seperti
habis kena badai. Dan memang sedang ditimpa badai. Sedang dilanda banjir
bandang. Berantakan, acak2an, masih tanpa jawaban dan kejelasan. Merasa tak
berdaya dan merasa hampir hampir hampir tenggelam.
Hide me now...under
Your wings
Cover me...within Your
mighty hands
I don’t want
anyone to see me. I don’t want the world to see me. They don’t know how to
comfort me. Only You know. Only You know me & therefore You know how.
When the oceans rise
& thunders roar
I will soar with You
above the storm
Father, You are King
over the flood
I will be still &
know You are God !
Find rest my soul...in
Christ alone
Know His power...in
quietness & trust
I feel so
weary, so heavy-burdened. Only You can take away my pain, throw away my burden,
and give me rest. All I need to do is to trust You, lean on You. Only You have
the power to calm the storm within me. Only You know how.
When the oceans rise
& thunders roar
I will soar with You
above the storm
Father, You are King
over the flood
I will be still &
know You are God !
The reason
for being still, rest, & assured is not because the environment is safe,
calm, happy, bright
But because
You are God & Lord over all.
Not because
of someone who can save/protect me, not because of this world’s guarantee
But because
You are King over all.
The Jesus
who calmed the sea at Galilee is the same Jesus who can calm the storm within
me.
The Jesus
who is risen from death centuries ago is the same Jesus who can raise me up
from my “death”.
Masalah2ku
tidak secara ajaib menghilang seketika.
Pergumulan2ku
tidak secara misterius lenyap begitu saja.
Semua
tantangan, kesulitan, penderitaan masih tetap ada di tempat mereka masing2.
Dunia tidak
serta merta berubah menjadi tempat yang lebih indah dan lebih baik. Orang-orang
tidak langsung berubah jadi malaikat.
But those
things don’t overcome me anymore. Don’t make me suffer anymore. Don’t make me
desperate anymore. I can keep my head above the water. Someday I can even walk on
water.
Cause I know
& believe & hold on to the fact that Jesus is Lord over all.
I rely on
who He is. I confide in His true love & His unchanging character. Not in myself/other
people/this vain world.
And that’s
all it takes.
The one and only reason for being still, rest, & assured
is because You are God!
References :
“Still” by Hillsong
(first draft – unedited)
Post a Comment
What do you think? ^^